Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bringing the "Blur" Into Focus


 
I'm going to try something new - a photo challenge!  I discovered Instagram a few months back, and I absolutely LOVE this app.  I love how easy it is to capture quick photographic memories with my phone, and then just add a quick caption.  I LOVE to write, and have journaled quite a bit for over a decade.  I've also LOVED the idea of scrapbooking, and have done some from time to time. Somehow, the "idea" of scrapbooking seemed to stay as just that - an idea - without ever really feeling like I make any real progress...probably because I never really actually make any progress with my scrapbooks.  Taking pictures with my phone and writing quick captions seems so much more do-able for me right now.  Along comes Instagram, together with this blog, and I now have an online journal and photo scrapbook!  I've seen a few of my friends participate in November photo challenges, so I'm feeling pretty inspired to take one on in the month of December.  Instagram will store my daily photos with short and quick captions.  For those moments that require a little bit more than a short blurb about a photo, this blog will come in very handy.  The days are going by so quickly lately, with most days blurring into the next.  So thankful for tools that help me capture memories in the moment they happen, in a way that works best for my season of life right now, and to help bring a bit more focus to the blur of each day.  So join me as I "zoom in" each day in December...stay tuned!

"So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."  Psalm 90:12

2 comments:

  1. I like this. I will try my best to keep up but I can make no promises!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all I plan on doing girl - trying my best! And now we can try together ; )

      Delete